Wednesday, September 12, 2012




     LOFOTEN ADVENTURES


Born and raised in the land of trolls, but yet I had never been above the polar circle. What a shame! July was the month where Simon and I decided to go to Lofoten. Lofoten are several islands located above the polar circle, stretching out in the North Sea. This is where all the tourists go, so it was time to check it out. In mid July we flew to Tromsø and started our Norwegian road trip to those famous mountains.



UNSTAD - SURFING THE NORWEGIAN SEA

Simon wanted to surf, so the first place we came to in Lofoten was Unstad. A tiny village with its own little wooden church:


I could feel the Norwegian Sea in my bones in Unstad, the wind was blowing and the rain pored down. That same wind, and a beautiful beack with mountains falling straight into the ocean on both sides makes Unstad one of the best surf spots in Norway. So I gave it a try. Here I am in my 5mm wetsuit looking sexy!


I hated Unstad when we arrived - this is why. It was raining so much we couldn´t go ANYWHERE. This is how we made breakfast, as the weather outside was 10 degrees and rain. Unstad was where I realized i would have to wear my Canada Goose every day on my summer holiday. There were some moments of regret. Why the hell did we go to the NORTH of Norway for those two weeks holiday saved up? Are there any possibility to fly somewhere warm in Europe cheap? It turned out it wasn´t just me thinking that. The whole of Norway had a shitty summer and there where no cheap tickets left to any sun. Luckily, Lofoten was gonna save me with some surfing!












 This was where we were going to stay initially, but we both found out the tent was better...


THOSE MOMENTS...

















The midnight sun!!! Last night in Lofoten and only night with sunshine. How lucky!




 


ARTY FARTY PICTURETAKING

Most Norwegians know Theodor Kittelsens painting "Soria Moria Slott". It means The Castle of Soria Moria. Can you find out which one is real? :p





TIME TO LEAVE THE WHITE BEACHES BEHIND


 After a morning run I thought what the heck, It´s summer and I´m going in! Even though it was 6 degrees. On the beach someone wrote "Don´t will your life with days, fill your days with life"

After two weeks of rain with one sunny day, we left the north of Norway. The newspaper at the airport said the coming week was gonna be "Summer all week". Oh well, we had an amazing trip, and in the end the weather didn´t matter at all! In that wetsuit I was happy like a seal in the water :)

Two weeks are over, for the windy Norwegian troll and the aussie who did very well dealing with the weather!


 Thanks Unstad Camping for a wonderful week with surfing! I would have bailed if it wasnt for you guys, you saved me from going to Mallorca by myself for too much money and gave me a wonderful experience!

No comments: